Turmeric Golden Paste:
¼ to ½ cup water
1/8 cup or 2 Tbsp. turmeric Organic (non-Irradiated) Turmeric root powder
1 ¼ Tbsp. organic coconut oil
1/2 tsp. organic ground pepper
Over medium heat cook turmeric with water for 7 to 10 minutes. Never boil. If the paste starts to get to thick, add more clean water. Consistency should be that of gravy.
Remove from pan to a glass container, let cool to warm, and then add ground pepper, coconut oil. Stir until mixed well. When completely cooled, cover and refrigerate for 2 to 3 weeks. You will know if it has gone bad, paste will have a sour metallic smell.
Note: Turmeric is very staining. Be careful not to get it on your clothes.
USES: General health and daily supplement- ½ to 1 tsp. of golden paste in 6 to 8 ounces of milk (milk of your choice: cow's, almond, coconut, etc...) Heat but don’t boil milk. Add sweetener (Real Maple syrup, Raw honey) as desired. Twice a day for severe pain. Reduce to once a day as symptoms improve. Golden milk is also a great sleep aid.
Homemade Chest-Rub Decongestant Ingredients:
1/2 cup olive oil, coconut oil, or almond oil
2 level tablespoons of beeswax pastilles
20 drops of Eucalyptus Oil
20 drops Peppermint Oil
10 drops Rosemary Oil
10 drops cinnamon or clove oil (optional)
How To Make Chest Rub:
- Melt beeswax with oil of choice in a double boiler until just melted.
- Add the essential oils (use half the amount for a baby version or dilute with Coconut oil before using
- Stir until well mixed and pour into some type of container with a lid to store.
Little tins work well, as do small jars. I also always make a few in lip chap sticks to keep in my purse or use on baby feet.
- Use as needed to help sooth coughing and congestion.
Note: Make sure to dilute for babies and children and use as little as is needed
Flu Shot in a Bottle:
18 drops lemon
10 drops oregano
14 drops OnGuard
14 drops melaleuca (tea tree)
1 to 2 tsp. carrier oil
Combine oils in a glass roller bottle and rub onto the bottom of the feet daily (if you are sick, apply every 2 hrs.)
Winter Sore Throat "Tea"
Make sure you have some of this ready and on hand at all times... great recipe for sore throats and chest colds or just not feeling well.
Makes about 2 to 3 cups
2 to 3 lemons thoroughly cleaned and sliced thin
2 pieces of ginger about inch thick sliced into thin pieces and chopped
1 medium piece of horseradish root. (about 2 inches long) peeled and chopped.
4 to 5 cloves garlic chopped
1/2 cup organic raw Apple Cider vinegar
RAW Honey (about 1 ½ cups-maybe more)
In a 16 oz. jar (You might need two jars. If so, just add more honey and ACV) combine lemon slices, chopped ginger, garlic, and horseradish. Mix honey and vinegar and pour over it slowly. This may take a little time to let the honey sink down and around everything. Make sure when the honey has filled in all the voids, there is enough to cover the top of the lemon slices. Close jar(s) and put it in the fridge, it should be made up and let to sit for at least a week before using so all the healing properties have a chance to meld together.
To serve: Spoon 1 to 2 tbs. of the mixture into a strainer (also add a Tablespoon or two of just juice) that has been placed over a mug and pour boiling water over it. Let steep for 10 minutes. Drink up and enjoy. Or take 1 or 2 tbs of the honey mixture by itself. Take at least 3 X a day until symptoms are gone.
Can be Stored in fridge 2-3 months.
Before you reach for that Icy Hot, pain medication, or a sleeping pill, try this. This lotion is AMAZING for sore muscles and helps you sleep.
Homemade Magnesium Lotion
- 1/2 cup of magnesium chloride flakes
- 3 tablespoons of boiling water
- 1/2 cup of raw shea butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- Mix 1/2 cup of magnesium chloride flakes with 3 tablespoons of hot distilled water that has already been boiled.
- Mix the solution until it dissolves together.
- Melt 1/2 cup of raw shea butter and coconut oil in a double boiler
- Add the magnesium chloride solution to the melted shea butter and coconut oil. Let cool to room temperature
- Use a blender to mix the solutions together until it has a fluffy consistency.
- Store your magnesium lotion in jars and use whenever needed! Your lotion can be kept in the fridge for up to two months.
[Note from Linda: I tweaked this recipe. I added the coconut oil, otherwise, lotion became to solid and was hard to rub in]
Commercial bug sprays are toxic for your body! This is safe and natural. And it works pretty well. Don't worry, the vinegar smell goes away pretty quickly. Avoid eye and mouth area.